Living alone
Living alone is...
An experience that I had always wanted to try.

It's a sense of independance and freedom,
the freedom to do what I like with and in the house.
setting up home for myself and obssessing over matching furniture, cutlery and sheets.
the freedom to experiment with new receipes.


It's a sense of being on my own,
having to buy little measured amounts of food for one.
figuring out how to get heavy household items back to the house.
feeling the absolute quietness when I have no music or conversation on.
and yet, feeling proud of having space that is all mine.


It's a sense of having to take care of myself,
being extra conscious of my keys so I won't lock myself out.
being extra careful not to hurt myself around the house.
being extra alert of the darkness and any strange noises around.
feeling a need to report my whereabouts regularly to loved ones.
feeling slightly safer in bed every night only with a bible, burglar alarm, torchlight next to my pillow... and a knife under the mattress with its handle sticking out.


While I know that this is a precious period in my life that will probably never be repeated again, it also made me realise that constant companionship is a thing to be treasured and not taken for granted.

Dreamt on Wednesday, July 21, 2010; 8:06 AM 0 Comments


Spring's Secret Garden


previous..

beyond..

credits..
Layout: Blurrz
Resources: Pootato; Portfelia