Change
Recently we met up... Some things are ever the same, and yet we have all changed.

I just read your blog, Nip.. And it made me sad. Sad that you're so far away and suddenly suddenly.. I sense that you seem to have matured so much more. Your posts are darker than before and there's a certain feeling of depression that affects me all the way across the distance.

Often I wonder, will the Oiying I next meet again be the same friend in my minds' eye, whom I miss so much? Will we still be the same silly people, who will do silly things together and be madly happy over it? Can we still talk heart-to-heart like we did before?


It's a secret fear that I've tried to leave unspoken in the hopes that if I don't say it, no one will be conscious and it will never happen. But I want to talk about it now.. To share because I want to find some comradeship if anyone feels the way I do. I don't want it to just creep up one day and overwhelm us all like a big tidal wave.

Perhaps because so many things are hanging in limbo now.. Life feels out of balance. Work.. love... family. Friends like you all somehow seem like the only rocks in the stormy sea of life that the shipwrecked sailor - me - clings on in certainty that our love for each other is ever the same. Even if we are older, more cynical, have darker thoughts and much less innocence than when we frolicked in the sunshine back in those golden days, I know that I can still call anyone of you at 3am on a dark, depressed night.

I suddenly thought of this song. It's one of those lovely things in life that mature like fine wine. Everytime I experience it again, it brings back this whole rush of nostalgia that everything has changed and yet, everything is ever the same.

Vitamin C - Graduation
And so we talked all night about the rest of our lives
Where we're gonna be when we turn 25
I keep thinking times will never change
Keep on thinking things will always be the same


But when we leave this year we won't be coming back
No more hanging out cause we're on a different track
And if you got something that you need to say
You better say it right now cause you don't have another day

Cause we're moving on and we can't slow down
These memories are playing like a film without sound
And I keep thinking of that night in June
I didn't know much of love
But it came too soon
And there was me and you
And then we got real cool
Stay at home talking on the telephone

We'd get so excited, we'd get so scared
Laughing at our selves thinking life's not fair
And this is how it feels

- Chorus -
As we go on
We remember
All the times we
Had together
And as our lives change
Come whatever
We will still be
Friends Forever

So if we get the big jobs
And we make the big money
When we look back now
Will our jokes still be funny?
Will we still remember everything we learned in school?
Still be trying to break every single rule

Will little brainy Bobby be the stockbroker man?
Can we ever find a job that won't interfere with a tan?
I keep, I keep thinking that it's not goodbye
Keep on thinking it's a time to fly
And this is how it feels

- Chorus -

We will still be friends forever
Will we think about tomorrow like we think about now?
Can we survive it out there?
Can we make it somehow?
I guess I thought that this would never end
And suddenly it's like we're women and men

Will the past be a shadow that will follow us 'round?
Will these memories fade when I leave this town
I keep, I keep thinking that it's not goodbye
Keep on thinking it's a time to fly


Dreamt on Thursday, July 5, 2007; 8:01 PM 1 Comments


Spring's Secret Garden


previous..

beyond..

credits..
Layout: Blurrz
Resources: Pootato; Portfelia