Farewell
As the end of the year draws near, my mind turns to closure, and to celebration. Another year flown by.. Time is on the wing of the bird. Christmas, my favourite time of the year is just around the corner. I was in the mood for relaxation for a quiet end to a hectic year. And so, off-guard I was when all the commotion sneaked up from behind enveloping me in the shadow of the sudden menace.

A disbelieving farewell to my friend, already now at San Francisco beating down the dust from her uprooting from Singapore. How do you say goodbye to a friend who has been one call, three MRT stops, 30 minutes away? I still don’t know if my mind has accepted this reality quite yet, that she’s now halfway around the world.

Watching a colleague and friend deal with the abrupt loss of her husband. One moment, a happy marriage going into its golden years, the next a lone woman in black. Two daughters suddenly forced to shed their coccoons to mature into stronger young women.

And very soon, a farewell to a lady who has given many many years of her blood and sweat to a company that has been taken over by foreign investors. And now they have flicked aside her hard work and achievements. It’s heartbreaking. Especially when some of the people who took pleasure in her downfall were groomed from her own hands.


With so many endings already, I don't know how I should even end off this post....

Dreamt on Wednesday, December 6, 2006; 10:25 PM 3 Comments


Spring's Secret Garden


previous..

beyond..

credits..
Layout: Blurrz
Resources: Pootato; Portfelia