Welcome, baby!
My colleague, Jiayi, just gave birth to a gorgeous boy last night! Her hubby and her haven't decided on a name yet. Yen and I went to see Jiayi today and she's looking real good, glowing as only new moms glow.

Just the other day I was amazed at the feel of the baby within her womb; it feels so surprisingly solid. And today the little man's out in the world, breathing the air and taking in the sights, sounds and tastes. Picture the sheer effort in adapting to such a different environment from his mama's womb!

He's so soft and delicate that I only dared to sayang him but not carry him. Downy black hair, super soft skin and oh so cute face! Ohh he really brings out my aunternal instincts! I hope my sis gives me a lil niece or nephew to play with soon...

I wonder how good a mama I would be when my turn comes along. Can I take care of him physically? Will I be his trusty guide as he walks the path of life?

I once read a cynical statement - The moment we are born, we start to die. I say, the moment a baby comes into the world, many lives are made over anew. Newly-born grandparents, parents, aunties, uncles, siblings, cousins... There is no feeling of hope stronger than when you experience a new-born baby!

Dreamt on Friday, December 1, 2006; 1:03 AM 3 Comments


Spring's Secret Garden


previous..

beyond..

credits..
Layout: Blurrz
Resources: Pootato; Portfelia