The Real and the fake
It’s a steep slope up from where I’ve fallen. It was the lowest and darkest period of my light, and now there’s nowhere to go but up. Because I can’t go any lower and because I know where I climbed from was too ugly for me to bear.

I went shopping today and chanced inside Charlotte Atelier to look at their rings.The sales lady showed me a Tension ring; its unique setting allowed the diamond to be viwed from every angle. The gem looked lovely from the side and I was captivated.

Then she told me that the gem in the Tension ring wasn’t a real diamond and put it side by side with a real diamond – a Gabrielle one at that. Immediately, I could see the difference in the fire and the brilliance; the real diamond easily outshone the imitation.

Later, I thought back on this little incident while sitting at the bus stop amidst the grey, rainy gloominess. I already have a real diamond sitting upon a ring on my ring finger, reminiscent of the true love of a man for me. There are so many men out there ready to call a bluff. Gorgeous they may be, but like the cubic zirconia, their facade is nothing but a pretense, their fire is nowhere as intense as the real.

I can’t keep making the same mistake, can’t keep exchanging the real for the fake. Just put them against each other, and the answer will be obvious. Remember this.

Dreamt on Monday, November 27, 2006; 12:39 AM 1 Comments


Spring's Secret Garden


previous..

beyond..

credits..
Layout: Blurrz
Resources: Pootato; Portfelia