![]() |
In the months since I'd left, I missed Peeth so much almost everyday. It was almost scary for me to go back there, to want something that I couldnt easily have.
Maybe my mind had made Perth into something larger than life, because somehow, this trip made me see the imperfections that I had, magically, not seen before.
The crazy warm weather in summer that had me sweating all day long, that made all the scenery so much less enjoyable.
The tiny city centre with the same few chain stores found almost everywhere else in WA.
The bad traffic jams and unreliable taxi services.
The expensive food, services and coffee.
Of course I'm not saying that Peeth is full of bad things- it isn't! But neither is it as perfect as my memories made it out to be...
I guess it's the overseas study experience that I've been missing. The phase of life I don't think I can ever go back to again.. Neither am i so certain now that Perth itself somewhere I really think I want to be in for a long time, or for the rest of my life..
If life could be represented like a book, I feel like I'm finally writing in the full stop at the end of my Perth chapter, not a comma..
I guess it truly is goodbye this time.